Monday 31 March 2014

UV mapping

Again I'll be doing the planner mapping and I'll only do it for one side for the sake of quicker workflow but I have to make sure that players are not able to tell that the the UV map is copied over to the other side. I used the setting above for planner mapping.

Here is an image of the selected edge loops; this is where the cuts will go and I'll unfold. Again The results weren't looking like something that can be edited in Photoshop, So I made another edge selection around the neck so the head will be bigger in the UV texture editor. and I made separate planner mapping for the feet.

The feet look good but I couldn't unfold them using options in the UV editor so I'll have to do it manually, which will take longer but the results will be perfect.
The final result of UV mapping is above, They are way better than before, because I don't have unnecessary geometry on the model, all the errors with the mesh are fixed such as the non-planner faces, faces with more than 4 edges and typology is now all in quads.
Then All I did was mirror geometry and now the UVs are overlap so when I paint one side, it will copy it to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment