Thursday 6 February 2014

Making of the poison bottle

I first started Autodesk Maya 2013 and made a poly cylinder, then I increased the sub divisions of the cylinder and started to extrude the top of the model, also I used the cut face tool when I needed to.

Once I had a form that looked like a bottle I selected all the faces and extruded once more to add thickness to the bottle. Then I went to hypershade and used "mia material" on the bottle, I increased the refraction and messed around with the settings until I got something that looked like a glass texture. Then I goggled a poison label; I would have made my own label but I didn't have much time so I decided to use some stock labels.

Then I started setting up a lighting scene, I created 3 planes, one was used for the floor and the rest were used as walls. I wanted soft shadows and a HDRI to light the scene, So I went to the render settings and enabled ray tracing shadows, final gather, global illumination this was so the render would look realistic.
I didn't really know how to make liquid in maya so I looked around for tutorials but all the tutorials either took too long or didn't really used liquid, it was more of "shaping polygons into the shape of a liquid", I did find something called "Glu3d" for maya which created liquid using GPU render but I was unable to getting it working on maya 2013.

So instead I just made another cylinder inside the bottle and then I made a similar texture to the bottle but made it more liquid like and placed that texture onto the cylinder inside the bottle. Then I made a cork for the bottle, and I just used stock textures for the cork as well and then I was done.

Here is the final result.



No comments:

Post a Comment